Friday, September 19, 2008

Embracing fall.


I have to admit I was in a bit of denial about summer leaving already. It's probably because this summer has been a whirlwind with the move right in the middle. And without a yard or landscaping, my energies were spent indoors (as my white skin will attest). But over the last few days of sunshine, pumpkin stands emerging and fall signs everywhere, I'm starting to embrace the change of season. I've been digging through totes and boxes in the basement trying to find fall decor and when I stumbled across these pumpkin candles I smiled. They are far too neat to burn but they fit so nicely in the bed of mini candy corn scented pumpkins I found at the sidewalk arts festival. And then, my sweet aunt Barb gave me a huge bag of honeycrisp apples. It's just so sad that my hubby doesn't like apple pie and I have to eat it all myself. wink. wink.

No comments: