Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fresh cut peonies.

I remember gardening with my grandma as a little girl. Well, it wasn't so much "gardening" as it was smelling the flowers, picking weeds and trying to get as much dirt under my nails as possible. How lucky I am to be able to "garden" with my little girl now in the same sense of the word. We don't plant tomatoes, carrots or dill but we do plant flowers and we plant them with love. After a long day of work, I came in the house, dropped my bags and started to think about cooking and going through the stacks of mail and to-do-piles when I stopped, looked up and realized the fresh cut peonies had opened and filled the entire house with the most beautiful scent...the scent brought me back to a much calmer time with gram...what a wonderful moment. Thank God for those. And thank God for grandmas and daughters and peonies of plenty.

No comments: